The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a healthcare project launched by the Indian government to improve the health and well-being of the country’s poorest citizens. Ayushman card consists of two main health initiatives: the Health and Wellness Center (HWC) and the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana). More than ten crore households are covered with health insurance worth Rs. 5 lakh each under the PMJAY plan. The initiative provides cashless treatment at state hospitals and private facilities that the government has approved.
This plan provides qualifying applicants with a smart card known as the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card. It allows them to get free treatment up to a maximum of 5,00,000 Rupees per year under the supervision of the government. Only low-income earners in the nation are eligible for the program. The purpose of introducing this program is to give low-income families financial assistance to get medical care. This post may benefit individuals who qualify for the PMJAY plan but are unaware of the registration process.
|Launched By the||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Operated By||National Health Authority Government of India|
|Launched In||September 2018|
|Beneficiaries||Citizen of India|
|Major Benefit||Universal Health Coverage (UHC) of up to 5 Lakh Rupees|
|Aim of Scheme||Health Insurance of Needy People|
|Scheme Funded By||State Government|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
To take advantage of Ayushman Bharat, you may take your ration card to your local Common Service Center and apply for the plan, which would allow you to get benefits under the scheme. You would just be required to pay a nominal fee of 30 in exchange for which the government will supply you with free treatment worth 5 lakh rupees.
Ayushman Card Apply Online
- Create a patient verification card for your beneficiaries to use in the event of an emergency. The patient is sent to the PMJAY kiosk for card creation.
- Be familiar with all of the legitimate costs and payments related to the PMJAY plan.
- Confirm any existing illnesses or conditions with the physicians who will be presented.
- Take advantage of medical therapy or a prescription for medicine from your doctor if the situation is complex or ongoing. If hospitalization is indicated, use medical services provided by Empanelled Healthcare Providers (EHCPs) or public institutions.
- After your treatments are completed, you will get a discharge certificate, as well as fees and invoices from the hospital.
- The submission of required papers is critical in this process. It is easier to complete the process if you have all the relevant papers.
Ayushman Card Registration 2023
Earlier this year, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare announced the PMJAY program, officially called the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme. The plan enables the recipient to utilize their PMJAY Card to access primary, secondary, and tertiary health care services at several designated Indian institutions. Treatments up to a total value of 5 lakh rupees are entirely free of charge for card users.
According to official estimates, the PMJAY system would provide benefits to nearly 100 million Indian residents, making it the world’s most extensive government-sponsored healthcare program by far. A new online registration service for the PMJAY was launched on September 23rd, 2018. It is required to complete the online registration procedure to apply for a PMJAY Card or an Ayushman Bharat Card.
Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme
In India, it is referred to as the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme (abbreviated as NHPS). It is a national public health insurance fund run by the government of India to provide free access to health insurance coverage to low-income workers across the country. This program benefits around half of the country’s population or roughly 50 percent.
People who participate in the program get primary care services from their family doctors. The PM-JAY program offers free secondary health care for people who need specialized treatment and free tertiary health care for those who require hospitalization when necessary.