- Free Morning Breakfast Scheme Tamil Nadu 2022
- What are the highlighting details of the scheme?
- Who are eligible to register for the scheme?
- List of documents to register for the scheme
- Number of schools to enroll the scheme
- Process of registration under the scheme
- FAQ of the scheme
- Q- Who has taken the initiative for the scheme?
- Q- Who are beneficiaries of the scheme?
- Q- Which area schools would get the benefit initially?
The Free Morning Breakfast Scheme has been launched in Tamil Nadu by state Chief Minister MK Stalin. The scheme will target the government school students studying in class 1 to class 5. The scheme will be implemented in a phased manner, and the benefit will be distributed starting from the municipalities, rural areas, and other areas. In the scheme’s inauguration, the state CM stated that the primary schools and the students cover up under the scheme. Read on to know more about the details of the scheme and how the interested candidate can approach it.
Free Morning Breakfast Scheme Tamil Nadu 2022
|Name of the scheme||Free Morning Breakfast Scheme|
|Scheme has been launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Scheme initiative has been taken by||Chief Minister MK Stalin|
|Amount sanctioned for the scheme||Rs 33.56 crore|
|Beneficiaries of the scheme||Government school students in classes 1 to 5|
|Areas of the initial implementation of the scheme||Remote rural areas and municipalities|
|Breakfast time in school||8:15 am, and 8:45 am|
|Total students to be benefitted from the scheme||1.14 lakh children|
What are the highlighting details of the scheme?
- Objective of the scheme – The main idea of the scheme is to offer free breakfast to government schools’ students who are in a hurry to come to school and often miss the breakfast
- Beneficiaries of the scheme – The students belonging to the government primary schools are the beneficiaries of the scheme
- Time for giving the breakfast – Cooking for breakfast would start at 5:30 am and be completed by 7:45 am, and it would be served to the students from 8:15 am and 8:45 am
- Scheme launch initiative by – The chief minister of Tamil Nadu, MK Stalin has taken the initiative for the scheme launch and will help the students get their breakfasts on time
- Scheme implementation strategy – The scheme would be implemented in some districts, and remote villages in its first phase and local government bodies would help. Later on, the scheme would be extended to other municipalities.
- Ingredients of the meal – Under the scheme, each student will get a 150-500 gram breakfast having sambar and vegetables
Therefore, the successful launch of the scheme would help the students of low-income families to get at least the first meal of the day from their school. This is how they won’t have to be on an empty stomach anymore and can concentrate on their studies better. The meals would be given to 1,14,095 primary school students. The students are studying in 1,545 government primary schools located in the state’s municipal, rural and hilly areas.
Who are eligible to register for the scheme?
- Natives of the state – The students of the state are eligible to register for the scheme and get free breakfast in schools
- Government school students – The students studying in government primary schools are eligible to get the free meal
- Educational details –The students studying in class 1 to class 5 are suitable to register for the scheme and avail of its benefits
The interested candidate will get the benefit from their school. It will boost the physical and mental health of students, having a positive impact on students’ well-being. The scheme would encourage more students to be regular in school, and it will make up for their nutritional deficiency.
List of documents to register for the scheme
- Identification details – The students should submit their domicile details to justify that they are natives of the state and eligible to enjoy the scheme benefits
- Educational details – The students should furnish correct school certificates as students of the primary government schools can arrange for the scheme. Here students of class 1 to class 5 can get the benefit of a free breakfast
- family incomeThe students need to furnish their family income to justify their eligibility to get free meals in the morning
Number of schools to enroll the scheme
The scheme would be available in the following schools:
- 36 schools in Chennai
- 40 in Trichy
- 20 in Kanchipuram
- 15 in Cuddalore
- 21 in Kumbakonam of Thanjavur district
- 48 in Vellore
- 8 in Tuticorin
- 26 in Madurai
- 54 in Salem
- 14 in Dindigul
- 22 in Tirunelveli
- 26 in Erode
- 19 in Kanyakumari
- 62 schools in Coimbatore
All these have been selected in a total of 381 municipalities. The state government and NGOs are trying to make the scheme a great success and help the students get meals on time.
Process of registration under the scheme
As this is a newly launched scheme, the process for its registration is yet to come up. The government schools interested in introducing the scheme to their students should keep an eye on its portal. It would help them with the smooth implementation of the scheme and offer benefits.
FAQ of the scheme
Q- Who has taken the initiative for the scheme?
A- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin
Q- Who are beneficiaries of the scheme?
A- Government school students from class 1 to class 5
Q- Which area schools would get the benefit initially?
A- Municipal, rural and hilly areas