- Gmail Login
- Gmail’s Inbox
- Use the category tabs.
- Send an email to the recipient.
- Format for email text
- Select Gmail Theme
- Gmail Mail, Spam, and Trash Sending
- Email Organization Tips
- Contacts in Gmail
- Gmail Stars
- Gmail Labels
- Gmail Features
- Gmail General Settings
- Gmail Accounts and Import
- How to use Gmail filters?
- Remote Logging into Gmail
- Gmail Multiple Accounts Management
- Use a tablet or smartphone.
Gmail Account Login: This article will discuss how to log in or create a new account on Gmail. Gmail was made available to the public in 2007, just four years after its launch. It is a popular webmail service that offers many features. It is a pioneer in providing free storage. Gmail was the first web-based service to offer 1GB storage for every account. Now it gives 15GB. Gmail was also the first to introduce the thread-style inbox and labels.
- Click the red box in the upper right corner of the page to create a Google Gmail Account. Click to see it. Next, you will be asked for your name, username and preferred password. You also need to provide your birthday, gender and phone number.
- Gmail’s userbase has grown significantly over the last few years. This means that your real names are unlikely to be included in your account name. People will often substitute their full names for random numbers to avoid this.
- Follow our password tips.
- Google will not verify your account if you are locked out without your phone number or secondary email address. These are optional but recommended.
- After accepting the terms and clicking Continue To Gmail, you will see a new empty inbox.
- Your inbox will default have three tabs. Your general email inbox will be found under the primary tab. Google will display any emails identified as promotional or social communications if displayed under the Social or Promotional tab.
- These emails can be customized and added to additional tabs since they are organized by “category”.
Use the category tabs.
- You can choose a category to create or delete an email whenever you receive it.
- Click on the “+” icon beside all the tags on your primary inbox page to see a list with categories for your messages. The new tab you have created for this category will be added to your inbox.
- This is particularly useful if you are working on multiple projects or clients at once and want to organize your emails into different tabs. These accounts and categories will make your inbox cleaner and easier to manage.
Send an email to the recipient.
- Click on the red box Compose in the upper left corner.
- It is worth taking the time to learn all that you can do with the email composer window. This section of Gmail’s interface has the most features.
- First, a little-known tip: even though the email composer window is located in the lower right corner, you can open it in another window by pressing Shift and clicking the resize buttons in the upper right corner.
- When you hover your mouse over the double-arrow icon, it will boldly change to a single arrow by pressing the Shift key. When you click the link, it will open in a new window.
- This makes it much easier to send an email from a different part of your screen or on a completely separate screen. It allows you to write emails while simultaneously multitasking.
Format for email text
- You’re likely familiar with the To Cc, Bcc and subject fields at the top of any web client. Unlike most web clients, Gmail’s text formatting menu is at the bottom of this window and not at the top.
- This formatting bar allows you to format email text in the same way as in word processing programs. You can change the font size, format, numbering, indent and even block quotes.
- You can also find other top-level products in the menu below.
- Here are some reminders about emoticons. Over the years, Google’s list of emoticons has grown. The website currently has five categories.
- Remember that emoticons are not considered professional by many people. Use them only when you are not communicating with professionals.
- When composing an email, you should also pay attention to the dropdown arrow at the lower right corner.
- You have many options here. These include full-screen editing, selecting an email label immediately and switching to plain text mode (removing any formatting), printing the email and checking for spelling errors (which is an excellent habit to develop).
Select Gmail Theme
- Perhaps you are interested in personalizing your email inbox like you customize a computer. Google offers themes to make your inbox more interesting.
- The cog icon for “Settings” is located in the upper right corner. It’s under your profile icon. Click this icon to alter the theme. Choose an article from the Themes menu.
- It is fantastic to see the variety of backgrounds available on Google.
- After selecting one, click Select and then Save. The background of your inbox will be the chosen image.
Gmail Mail, Spam, and Trash Sending
- Your email folders are located left-hand side of your inbox. This is where you will find new labels later on when they are created.
- Logging in will show you four folders in addition to your inbox.
- There are many ways to organize your emails. This topic is what we will discuss next.
Email Organization Tips
- It would help if you had an organized inbox to organize the thousands of emails you receive each day. Gmail is an excellent tool for organizing all of your emails. Gmail allows you to prioritize and manage all your tasks with many features.
Contacts in Gmail
- Google Contacts is a powerful tool that allows you to sync contacts across multiple devices and apps. To access your contacts, click on the arrow in the upper left corner.
- Email contacts can be merged with contacts you have added to your Android phone, and with phone contacts, you have added to any service that allows you to log in with Google Accounts through the integration of Contacts.
- It’s easy to organize your contacts using the labels Friends, Family and Work Colleagues.
- You will write faster emails if you keep your contacts up-to-date. Instead of typing a name and then having to type it again, the recipient’s email address will be displayed automatically as you type the word.
- It’s quick and easy to organize all your emails by starring them. You can click on the star icon to the left of an email to “stare” it.
- Quickly scan your email to find the items you need to follow up on with the star icon. All the things you have marked will be found in the starred folder when you return.
- Find out how to use staring emails to organize your emails.
- Gmail’s most powerful feature is the ability to add labels to emails. This feature allows emails to be organized at an acceptable level.
- You can create a new label by clicking the label icon at the top menu and selecting Create new.
- You can sort any open email by clicking the same icon and choosing the title to save it in. To sort your email according to that label, you can add it as an individual tab in your primary Gmail display.
- Labels make it much easier to organize your inbox than ever before.
- You may be curious about the other features of Gmail. Gmail allows you to manage multiple email accounts and add additional fees so that you can automate the way you handle incoming mail.
Gmail General Settings
- These advanced settings can be accessed by clicking on the Gear icon in the window’s top right corner and then clicking on the Settings button.
- Gmail accounts can be customized via the General tab of the settings menu.
Gmail Accounts and Import
- You can edit your password and Google settings under Accounts and import. Or you can control how email and contact information are imported from other accounts. An email account, such as Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail, may be available.
- To have Gmail external POP3 reports, click on the Add a Mail Account button to check mail from Other accounts.
- Gmailify will allow you to import emails from Gmail. If this is not possible, you can use POP3 settings to import emails. You can import from an email account with a POP3 server or port number. These details are available on the POP3 Settings page.
- Gmail should be informed about what to do with your inbound email. For example, labels can be applied to make them more manageable.
- You must ensure that the Send mail to: section is enabled. Gmail may appear to be sending emails to remote POP3 accounts when you set up SMTP server settings.
- A dropdown box will appear next to the “From” field of each email account created in your email composer window.
- To add SMTP settings to your external POP3 account, click Add another email address.
- You can specify the SMTP server location, port number, user ID and password, as well as security options for your account.
How to use Gmail filters?
- All filters you have created for incoming emails can be viewed under the Filters & Blocked Addresses menu. Filters can be used to sort emails automatically and allow you to reply, forward, or delete them remotely.
- Click on the button to create a new filter.
- Filter form can be used to manage incoming emails.
- This guide will explain the meaning of each field on this form. We often talk about email filters and how to use them efficiently.
Remote Logging into Gmail
- You will appreciate this feature from a security perspective if you have ever left your email log into a friend’s or public computer.
- You can sign in remotely to your email account, as you can access it from any device or computer. Scroll down to your Gmail inbox, and scroll to the bottom. The right sidebar will show you the location of your account, the most recent activity, and how many locations it is available.
- Click on Details to view details about your last Gmail login and all accounts you have opened. Click Sign out to log out from all Gmail sessions.
Gmail Multiple Accounts Management
- Use your browser to access a PC
- Many people have multiple email addresses depending on whether they use the account for personal or professional reasons. These settings can all be set up so that you don’t have to log in and out to check your mail.
- Click the profile icon in the upper left corner of your screen to access your profile. Next, click the profile icon at the top left of your screen and select Add Account.
- This will allow you to easily switch between accounts and open another version of the report in a separate tab every time you click it.
Use a tablet or smartphone.
- Android users are required to have a Gmail Account. However, you can add charges to make it more convenient.
- To add a new account, go to your phone’s Settings menu. Click the Accounts, Add Account button to add another Gmail account.
- Google should be your choice for your new account. You can switch tabs by clicking on the Gmail icon beside your email address.